The new patch is out and Battlemasters are unlocked for us peasants without Phoenix packages. Tonight I played about 10 games in my new shiny Blarg, and I also streamed for about 1.5 hours while I got familiar with them. Unfortunately my OBS runs rather unstable and my VODs are bit divided, but here's a one hour chunk out of the stream.
So, my first impressions? I'll be really brief and save my words for a longer review.
- I like how a lot of E hardpoints enable you to do hard-hitting yet, low tonnage builds. Letting you cram a big engine and a lot of heatsinks in there. The one I used on the stream had a STD340, 23DHS and comes with 40 alpha.
- Hitboxes react well to torso twisting.
- Arms tend to block a lot of damage.
- High mounted torso E slots allow perfect hull-down shots.
- Arm motion range is good.
- Torso twist range. It's very limited.
- Torso twist speed, you can barely keep up with lights.
- Again, mobility. It's movement archetype seems to be the biggest one, it's very annoying getting stuck everywhere.